The voter ID card is an important document for every citizen of India. The first use of your voter ID is for giving your valuable vote in various elections. Any person who lives in India as a permanent resident is eligible to obtain their voter ID card from election commission of India. We are here to help you about digital voter ID card download on your computer or mobile phone.
Voter ID Card Download: Digital Voter ID E-EPIC Available Online
A person with minimum age of 18 years can apply for new voter ID to respective authority. The government of India is digitalizing all documents of citizens to make them available online at anytime. The Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card and many other documents are available online. We are happy to inform you that the voter ID card is also added to the digital documents category. So, you can see your digital voter ID card online and download it as PDF from its website.
What is Digital Voter ID Card?
The digital voter ID card is the same voter ID card that is available with every citizen of India. Actually, the physical voter ID card is too old fashioned now. Therefore the government of India has digitalized the voter ID card. It is just your voter ID card in digital format that is available to download at voter portal and NVSP portal. You can also see your digital voter ID card (e-EPIC) in Voter Helpline App on your mobile phone.
The citizens who already have a voter ID card, can download their digital voter ID card if they want. Because the digital voter ID card is going to be useful in many citizen services at government offices in future. Therefore we recommend everyone to download E-EPIC digital voter ID card from ECI voter portal to use it as an identity proof and a proof of citizenship across all over India.
E-EPIC: Digital Voter ID Card Quick View
Here provide a quick view of digital voter ID card to help you understand its need, objectives, availability and downloading link information.
|Name of Yojana/Scheme||Digital Voter ID Card Yojana|
|Name of Card||
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Digital Voter ID Card Available for||All Citizens of India|
|Minimum Age for E-EPIC||18 Years|
|Digital Voter ID Card Validity||Across All Over India|
|Objective of E-EPIC||To Provide Voter ID Card in Digital Format|
|Where to Download E-EPIC/Digital Voter ID Cardemail@example.com
Through Voter Helpline App
Eligibility Criteria for Digital Voter ID Card
In order to download the digital voter ID card as PDF, you must be a voter ID card holder. The chief electoral officer issues voter ID card to the people/citizens who meet the necessary eligibility criteria. If you meet the following eligibility criteria then you can download your digital voter ID card with photograph and QR code.
- The applicant (person) must be a permanent resident of India.
- The applicant must be at least 18 year old at the time of applying for digital voter ID card.
- All Indian citizens who are voters in lok sabha and vidhan sabha elections, are eligible to get their voter ID card in digital format.
- All new applicants who apply for the new voter ID card are eligible to download digital voter ID card as PDF.
- The new voters who registered during 2021 Special Summary Examination (i.e. applied in November/December 2020) can download digital voter ID card with help of their application number/details and registered mobile number.
Benefits of Digital Voter ID Card
The digital voter ID card is as useful as your physical voter ID card and that’s why it offers many benefits. Here we provide the key benefits of digital voter ID card as follows:
- The digital voter ID card is a mandatory document for every citizen to give vote in general elections of India.
- The digital voter ID card works as an identity proof and a proof of citizenship that you may need during travel and also for various procedures at government offices/departments.
- The digital voter ID card can be stored in DigiLocker, so you can access it from your mobile phone at anytime, from anywhere.
- You can also use the digital voter ID card as your age proof, address proof and a document for traveling to Nepal or Bhutan.
Documents Needed for Digital Voter ID Card
If you possess a physical voter ID card then you can download the digital voter ID card. So, the documents required for digital voter ID card are same as required for physical voter ID card that you can obtain from Mamlatdar office. Here we provide the list of documents needed for digital voter ID card as under:
- Identity Proof (e.g. Aadhaar Card)
- Address/Residence Proof (e.g. Ration Card)
- Age Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number
How to Verify Your Voter ID Card Online
The voter ID card is very useful but the fake voter ID cards are also found. When we hear about fake voter ID cards in news, we may doubt if our voter ID card is authentic or not. In order to clear this doubt, you need to check if your name exists in government’s voter list data. To know that, you need to verify your voter ID card at NVSP portal. Here we provide some simple steps to verify voter ID card online as under:
- Visit the official website of National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP) at @nvsp.in.
- Find and Click on “Search in Electoral Roll” to go to relevant page.
- Select the option “Search by details” or “Search by EPIC No” as per your choice.
- Enter your name, age/date of birth, gender, state, district and assembly constituency.
- Enter the Captcha code and click on “Search” button to proceed.
- Your name and voter ID card details will appear on screen, you can check and verify it with the voter ID card in your possession.
During the voter ID card verification process, If you find any mismatch or problem then you should file a complaint at Voter Helpline Number 1950 or at NGSP Portal for online complaint registration.
How to Download Digital Voter ID Card
The digital voter ID card is available to download for every citizen of India with the age of 18 years & above. You can download your E-EPIC i.e. digital voter ID card via three different ways. Here we provide all 3 methods to download e-EPIC card as under:
- Download Digital Voter ID Card from ECI Voter Portal
- Download Digital Voter ID Card from NVSP Portal
- Download Digital Voter ID Card through Voter Helpline App
Let us discuss each method in detail with step-by-step procedure.
#1. Download Digital Voter ID Card from ECI Voter Portal:
- Go to the official website of ECI Voter Portal at @voterportal.eci.gov.in.
- If you are already registered then login with your username and password.
- In case you are not registered then click on “Create an account” link and register yourself with your email, mobile number and personal information.
- After registration, you need to login to voter portal with your email/mobile number/voter ID number and password.
- After login, click on “Download E-EPIC” to open relevant page.
- Enter your EPIC/voter ID number or application number and click on “Download E-EPIC” to proceed.
- Your digital voter ID card will be downloaded as PDF on your computer or laptop.
#2. Download Digital Voter ID Card from NVSP Portal:
- Log on to official website of National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP) at @nvsp.in.
- Click on “e-EPIC Download” tab to open relevant page.
- If you have registered earlier then login with your username and password.
- If you are not registered then click on “Register as a New User” to sign up with your mobile number, email ID and EPIC number.
- Create a unique password to complete registration.
- Enter your username and password to login to NVSP portal.
- Find and click on “Download E-EPIC” to go to downloading page.
- Enter required details such as your EPIC number or form/reference number and submit it.
- Save and Download your digital voter ID card as PDF to your device storage.
#3. Download Digital Voter ID Card through Voter Helpline App:
In present time, we have mobile apps for everything and the same is available for voter ID card download process. You can download your digital voter ID card through the Voter Helpline App on your mobile phone. You need to open Google Play Store to download Voter Helpline App for Android and visit Apple App Store to download Voter Helpline App for iOS device. Here we provide the procedure to download e-EPIC (digital voter ID card) through Voter Helpline app as follows:
- Open Google Play Store and search “Voter Helpline” app.
- Download and install the Voter Helpline app on your mobile phone.
- Open the Voter Helpline app and login with your NVSP username and password.
- If you are not registered then complete registration first and then login.
- Find out “Download E-EPIC” option and tap on it.
- Provide required details to generate your E-EPIC card.
- Download your digital voter ID card as PDF and save it your phone storage.
How to Track Voter ID Application Status Online
The government of India has created NVSP portal for helping the voters. You can submit application for new voter ID or update details in your existing voter ID at NVSP portal. After application submission, it may take several days to process your request. In case you want to know your application status then you can track it online with help of your application reference ID. Kindly, follow the steps given below to check your voter ID application status from your home.
- Visit the official website of NVSP portal at @nvsp.in.
- Find out “Track Application Status” tab on right side down on home page.
- Click on “Track Application Status” to open relevant page.
- Enter your reference ID and click on “Track Status” to proceed.
- Your voter ID application status will appear on screen.
Frequently Asked Questions About Voter ID Card
The election commission of India is responsible to provide voter ID cards to all residents of India. The government has digitalized the voter ID card and its application process to make it easier for the citizens. However, the online application for new voter ID card seems a bit confusing for some people. That’s why we are here to help you with that.
The digital voter ID card is available on National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP) for all citizens of India. Now, you can apply for new voter ID and correction in your existing voter ID via online application mode. Here we provide some important questions regarding voter ID card to help you understand its digital format and downloading process. You should read the FAQs and their answers shared below.
Q.1 How can I download my voter ID card online?
You can download your voter ID card online from ECI voter portal (@voterportal.eci.gov.in) or NVSP portal (@nvsp.in) or Voter Helpline App on mobile phone. You need to register first and then you can download your digital voter ID card (E-EPIC) as PDF.
Q.2 How do I apply for EPIC online?
You can apply for EPIC online with following steps:
- Visit NVSP Portal at @nvsp.in.
- Register yourself and Login with username & password.
- Select “Register as a New Elector/Voter” option.
- Fill up the application form and upload necessary documents.
- Submit the application form online.
- The election commission will issue your EPIC soon, then you can download it as PDF.
Q.3 How can I get my voter ID after correction?
You can get your updated voter ID after correction from NVSP portal, you need to login to @nvsp.in and click on “Download E-EPIC” to download your voter ID card.
Q.4 How many digits are there is voter ID card?
The old voter ID cards had 13 digits, while the new digital voter ID cards come with 10 digits.
Q.5 How can I edit my voter ID card after downloading?
You can download your voter ID card as PDF from ECI voter portal or NVSP portal but you cannot edit it. The voter ID card PDF file is not editable, you can request for correction in voter ID card if it has any error in name, DOB, age or gender.
The voter ID card is useful for everyone, therefore we request every citizen to obtain their voter ID card from election commission. The procedure for new voter ID has been so easy now, you can apply online for EPIC (Electoral Photo Identity Card) through NVSP portal @nvsp.in. If you still have a query or doubt about how to download digital voter ID card as PDF then as us in the comment section, we will answer your queries soon.