In this era of the internet and science & technology, a digital health ID card was a necessity for India. Our honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission in September 2021. The ministry of health is looking after the ABDM mission to make it reach to every citizen of India. In this post, we are going to tell you everything about digital health ID card and how to apply online for it.
Digital Health ID Card: Apply Online @healthid.ndhm.gov.in
The National Health Authority allows everyone to create their digital health ID online @healthid.ndhm.gov.in. This health card allows you to create digital health records of yourself and your family. You can also choose to give consent to share your health records with health professionals or refuse to do so. With a unique digital health ID card, you can access your personal health records (PHR) at anytime from anywhere.
We are all aware of Ayushman Bharat Yojana offers free treatment of critical diseases to the Ayushman card holders. The same way, Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is launched with an aim to prepare digital health records of all citizens of India. These health records will help of the ministry of health, government of India to provide improved health services and it will also enable you to share your health diagnosis reports online with the health professionals when needed.
What is a Digital Health ID Card?
The digital health ID card is a unique health card available for every citizen of India. The unique health ID card is easy to obtain by online registration at official portal of National Digital Health Mission (now called Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission). Every Indian citizen should create a health ID to obtain their unique digital health ID card and get its benefits throughout lifetime.
The digital health ID card contains a 14-digit unique identity number of the card holder i.e. you. It also contains the photograph and QR code for the use of health professionals and healthcare service providers. The digital health ID card is available for free for all citizens of India, so you don’t need to pay even a penny for creating a digital health ID card online.
When you create your digital ID, you make your personal health records digitally available at your fingertips and you can also share them with a health professional by giving them your digital health ID card and allow them to scan the QR code on your ID card. The health ID card is the most important tool for National Health Authority (NHA) to keep digital health records of all citizens of India.
Digital Health ID Card Quick View
The digital health ID card is covered under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (National Digital Health Mission) across all over India. It is important for every Indian citizen to apply online for digital health ID card from NDHM portal. Before we discuss further, let us have a look on the key highlights of digital health ID card as follows:
|Name of Card||Digital Health ID Card
Unique Health ID Card
|Name of Mission/Scheme||Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
National Digital Health Mission (NDHM)
|Concerned Authority||National Health Authority, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Digital Health ID Card Launch Date||27 September 2021 (27-09-2021)|
|Health ID Card Contents||
|Health ID Card is for||All Citizens of India|
|Use of Health ID Card||To Create Digital Health Records
To Provide Improved Healthcare Services
|How to Apply for Health ID Card||Online Mode|
|Where to Create Your Health ID||healthid.ndhm.gov.in
|Documents Required for Creating Your Health ID||Aadhaar Number
Who can get the Digital Health ID Card?
The digital health ID card is available for every India citizen. So, being an Indian citizen, you are eligible to get the digital health ID card under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission. We advise you to keep reading to know the benefits of digital health ID card and some easy ways to generate your digital health ID online on a computer or a smartphone.
Benefits of Digital Health ID Card
On the day of launch, PM Modi said, “The digital health ID card will bring revolutionary change in the healthcare services of India.” It means that the digital health ID card is very useful and beneficial for every citizen. However, it is a new initiative from government and you may not understand its value without knowing its key benefits. Here we provide the benefits of digital health ID card to help you understand why you should apply and get it as soon as possible.
- With a digital health ID card, you can keep your entire health history & records in a digital format.
- With help of digital health ID, you can see the list of healthcare services and doctors information concerned with Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- The doctors and healthcare professionals can access your health records by using the unique number on your health ID card. It will help the doctors to give you proper treatment when needed.
- You will get a direct link that shows all your health records. You can share this link to a doctor or a health professional when required to help him/her diagnose your health condition.
- You can see all your past treatments, expenses, admit & discharge details at anytime from anywhere on your phone or computer.
Documents Required to Apply Online for Digital Health ID Card
The digital health ID card is easy to obtain for everyone, but it requires some documents. When you start the online application for creating your digital health ID, you should keep the required documents handy. These documents will make your registration process easier and faster. Here we provide the list of documents you should have for applying online to create a digital health ID card.
- Aadhaar Card OR Driving License
- Mobile Number (Aadhaar Linked Mobile Number Recommended)
In case you don’t have Aadhaar Card or Driving License, you can still generate your digital health ID card. For that, you need to select the alternate option on NDHM portal and follow the on-screen instructions. However, an active mobile number is mandatory for verification purposes when you apply for a digital health ID card.
How to Apply Online for Digital Health ID Card
Now, you know the importance of the digital health ID card and you want to get yours. For that, you need to know registration process and documents required for creating your digital health ID card. In order to make your task easier, here we provide the 3 simple ways to create your digital health ID card online and offline.
- Create Your Digital Health ID Card at NDHM Portal @healthid.ndhm.gov.in
- Create Your Digital Health ID Card via NDHM Health Records App (Android)
- Create Your Digital Health ID Card at a Participating Health Facility Center
Now, we will explain each of the above three methods in detail.
Method I: Create Your Digital Health ID Card at NDHM Portal
- Visit the official NDHM website portal at @ndhm.gov.in OR @healthid.ndhm.gov.in.
- Find out the tab “Create Your Health ID” and click on that tab.
- Choose one option from “Generate via Aadhaar” and “Generate via Driving License”.
- If you don’t have or don’t wish to use Aadhaar/Driving License for creating digital health ID card, you can still do it with the link given as “click here”. We will continue with Aadhaar Number in this method.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and submit it, verify it with an OTP received on your Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Enter your mobile number and also verify it, then provide and check your profile picture, date of birth and address.
- A form will appear on your screen, fill it up with required details and submit it.
- Your digital health ID card will be generated and appear on screen.
- Save your unique health ID card and take printout of it. Note down your registration ID (PHR address) and password, if any, for future reference.
Method II: Create Your Digital Health ID Card via NDHM Health Records App
In case you don’t have a computer or laptop, you can generate your health ID via NDHM Health Records App on your android smartphone. Here we provide the simple steps to create your digital health ID card on mobile phone as under:
- Open Google Play Store and search for “NDHM Health Records” in its search-bar.
- Tap on “Install” button under NDHM Health Records app title.
- Wait for the NDHM mobile app to get downloaded and installed on your phone.
- Open the app menu and tap on “NDHM Health Records” app to open it.
- Click on “REGISTER” button under the dialogue “Don’t have an account?” to begin.
- Enter your mobile number and verify it with OTP.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number or Driving License Number or other details as asked.
- Provide or Check your picture, date of birth, address, etc. and continue.
- Enter the personal health and communication details correctly, then submit them,
- Your digital health ID card is generated and shown your screen. Save it and print it for your reference.
Method III: Create Your Digital Health ID Card at a Participating Health Facility Center
It is possible that you don’t have internet access in your area or you are not able to create a digital health ID online. In such circumstances, you can still visit your nearby health facility center to request for your health ID generation. You need to bring your original Aadhaar Card and Aadhaar linked Mobile Number for the process.
In case you don’t have an Aadhaar Card, you can bring your Driving License or other ID proof with resident proof for registration purposes. You can get your digital health ID card generated at a participating health facility nearby your place. It can be public hospitals, private hospitals, community health centers or health & wellness centers across all over India.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Digital Health ID Card
The digital health ID card is a new health card launched by the government of India in September 2021. So, it is new for everyone and you have so many queries about it. Therefore we have collected some common questions about the digital health ID card and we are going to share those FAQs here. You should go through all questions and answers below to clear your doubts about the digital health ID.
Q.1 How do I get a digital health card?
You can get a digital health card by applying online at NDHM portal or NDHM Health Records App in 5 minutes. You need an active mobile number and Aadhaar Card or Driving License or other ID to get your digital health card from National Health Authority.
Q.2 How do I find my health ID?
In case you have forgot your health ID, you can retrieve it with help of your Aadhaar Card Number and Registered Mobile Number. For retrieving process, you need to visit NDHM website portal @healthid.ndhm.gov.in and follow the on-screen instructions after clicking on “Forgot your Health ID?”
Q.3 what is the benefit of health ID?
Your health ID allows you to keep all your health records & history in a digital storage. It allows your doctors to access your health history in one click and also lets you check your health expenses as well as admit and discharge records at anytime from anywhere.
Q.4 What is PHR Address in health ID?
The Personal Health Records i.e. PHR Address is a self declared username that you can create when applying for your digital health ID card at NDHM portal. You need to use the PHR Address as your username for signing into Health Information Exchange & Consent Manager (HIE-CM) that you need to link for sharing your health data in future.
The digital health ID card is very useful for you and your family. We have explained all the information you need to know about the digital health ID card and its application process. We hope that you have got answers for all your queries. If you still have a query or doubt then ask us in the comment section.